Saturday, July 5, 2008

so im sitting in a motel room in a panamint with meeghan and jme right now. somehow a room with no air conditioner, with carpet in the bathroom and no telephones in sight has wireless internet. woohoo for us.

today was rough. she struggled through the night fighting nausea from fatigue after a rough day in the exteme heat. she's eating just fine though, just ate a cheeseburger and fries a few hours ago and the nausea has passed for now. yesterday as the pavement was melting to goo (seriously), terry's feet were being burned. the blisters that formed are the exact size of her heels. to add to it multiple other blisters have appeared just for fun. this, for a lady that never gets blisters. ever.
anyway, she pushed on, being the stubborn freak that she is and got up and over towne's pass (almost 5000 feet) and then had to come straight down for 9 miles which ended up hurting way more than the uphill because she was landing on her heels. she got through piece by piece, made it across the dry lake bed (swearing every step of the way) and somehow made it to panamint.

the blisters are bad, im not gonna sugar coat it. luckily we got a hold of the amazing denise jones, the first lady of badwater herself and a blister's number one nemesis. terry's on her way to lone pine to see what her options are and hopefully she comes back with feet that can take another 220 miles.

so we'll see. she read her messages today, keep sending them, they really make her smile, something her crew definitely appreciates it! :)

oh and also, i read a message about something about her being on the news? can someone send us more info about this? thanks!

10 comments:

nursejackie said...

OMG!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU so much for the update!!!!!!!! SO many of us have been waiting impatiently for news of Terry and her crew!! What can we do to help? Besides the donations? What can we do? Besides the prayers? What can we do? jack

Anonymous said...

Wow, we all know Terry is an amazing person. Let her know she doesn't have to go to such extremes to prove this. We love you Ter and thank you to the crew is helping her through this. Keep the updates coming, we want to know about her feet. So sorry how miserable! Lots of love to you guys Trin

Anonymous said...

Thanks T for the update, Ter I knew you could do it, WOW 72 so far, sounds like a tough day, I hope your feet will hold out. keep focussed, I'm glad your crew is able to keep you some what cool during the day, make the best of the night. hang in there

Anonymous said...

Hey Terry, I've been keepingyou in my thoughts and prayers. Your strength and determination is such an example to us all. MayGod hold you in the palm of his hand through out this run. We are all cheering for you here. Love ya
Yvette








g

Anonymous said...

Ter, I hope you got some help with you feet from Denise Jones and were able to take advantage of the cooler night temp. try to get some rest when its real hot today, your in my thoughts. and to the crew you gals are doing a great job, keep up the great work

Anonymous said...

You're awesome Terry! Keep it up. I hope the low temp last night helped you. Thanks for the update Taryn. I checked all day waiting for something to show up. Hopefully Denise helped your blisters. Just remember your own words "It's just mind over matter".
We're all focused on you. That's all we talk about at work. You're in all of our thought and prayers. Keep your spirits up Terry, we love you. Love, Karen M.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just wrote a comment but it didn't post! Hmmm.. anyway, Thanks for the update. We look forward to those as often as you are able to get'm out there. Ron saw the KXLY 4 report. He said it was a brief overview of Terry, the run, the cause, and the donation site. (He txt'd me at work to tell me- big surprise, eh?) Hope the cooler weather helped last night. Keep us informed! We love you!! Lisa.

Deanna or DD said...

way to go Terry your are a true inspiration and TOUGH, I hope the feet hold through, I pray they will. Keep your spirits up and let God guide and hold you . Cindy and I(the Blister twins) have empathy for you. blisters suck. keep going, love and prayers for all of you, way to go team.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, for the update T!! Oh Ter, you must be hurtin' so bad, it makes me ache just to think about it. Okay, sorry, Now... Mind over matter girl, you are tougher than you know, remember what you always say to me?! Just keep going, one step at a time, one foot in front of the other!! Keep your head in a good place and the rest of you will follow. You are in my prayers, all of you are. Please, please be safe. Know that you are loved. Love, Jen

Anonymous said...

i'm not anony, heck, i don't even know how to spell the word! It's me, your Jen, you know the MIA one! This is my dearest psalm, the one that has gotten me thru everything. I know most people think it is only used a funerals, but it really isn't, it's just perfect when you just think you can't take one more breath or one more step. I've been praying it for you, out under the stars each night, okay, and in the car, barn,.. for you;
23rd Psalm; the Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want,
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside still waters,
He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake,
Even though I walk (run) trough the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for You are with me, Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil,
my cup overflows,
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever!
Love, Jen